Warmly spiced and perfect for Fall and a cup of tea
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 Tsp Ground Allspice
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Alberta Multifloral Honey
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Cup Pecans (chopped and toasted)
- 1 Cup Flaked Coconut
- 1/2 Cup dried Cranberries (or Raisins)
- 1 1/2 Cup Finely Diced Apple
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Spray a loaf pan with non stick spray or butter and flour to prevent sticking.
- Combine and sift flour, spices and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the oil, vanilla, beaten eggs honey and brown sugar.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk until combined.
- reserve 2 TB of nuts for the top, Fold in the coconut, pecans and cranberries in to the mixture them spread into the prepared loaf pan.
- Add the remaining nuts on the top and tap pan on the counter to settle the batter.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the centre cleanly.
- Let it cool in the pan for 1 hour before slicing.
Other recipes you might like