Melopita (Honey Cake)- a traditional Greek Dessert
- 20 oz. ricotta cheese
- ⅓ cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup roasted pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Chinook Honey Caramel Sauce
- 2 tbsp. Chinook Honey Chocolate Ganache
- Preheat oven to 355°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients with a whisk until everything is completely blended (do not over mix it).
- Grease the pan with oil or butter, or line with parchment paper. Pour in the batter.
- Bake for 40 min or until the centre is still slightly jiggly. Cool slowly on a cooling rack by covering it with a large bowl (this will prevent the top from cracking).
- Drizzle with warmed caramel sauce and chocolate ganache, and then top with pecans. Serve
Other recipes you might like