This tasty salad is just perfect for those hot summer days. Enjoy as a main course for two or a lighter lunch for more.
- 2 Chicken Breasts (cooked and diced)
- 2 Heads Romaine lettuce (washed and chopped)
- 4 TB Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 Cucumber (diced)
- 1/2 Small Red Onion (diced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (optional)
- 1/4 Cup soy sauce
- 1/8 Cup hot sauce (We like Frank's but adjust for your taste)
- 1/2 Cup Chinook Honey
- 1 1/2 TB minced garlic
- 2 TB Honey Vinegar or Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1 TB cornstarch
Prepare the dressing before starting the salad. In a saucepan combine the first 5 ingredients, whisk to blend. In a separate small bowl mix the cornstarch and cool water together till dissolved.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into the saucepan with the dressing ingredients and over medium heat bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and pour into a serving bowl to cool before serving.
Cook the chicken breast using your preferred method. Cool and dice the chicken. Toss with the cooled Spicy dressing you have prepared.
- Dice the onion, red bell pepper and cucumber and set aside
- In a large bowl toss the chopped lettuce with the Ranch Dressing. Transfer the salad onto 2 large plates or bowls. Top with the spicy chicken, red onion, bell pepper and cucumbers. Serve right away
Other recipes you might like